It is becoming abundantly clear that fall is upon us and winter cannot be far behind. So as schedules go we look at the Critical Path to determine what must be done and what can wait. This can change with the season. Right now we are concerned about getting the stone and brick work done so we can finish grade, pour exterior concrete and asphalt driveway and landscape. Good news is that the masons are now down to two areas – the front, between the garage and library and the lanai fireplace and chimney.
Things are going along ok on the inside. The plumber has done his rough plumbing and gas lines and the work has been inspected and approved. The HVAC contractor will finish up shortly and get inspected also. We have been holding off the electrician because our buyer is providing us with changes and additions they would like and we don’t want to do things twice.
Back outside we have to get the masons done in front so we can bring in some fill dirt in the front and garage side of the house and establish a grade that our paving, landscaper and irrigation contractors can work with. We lost two days this week due to rain and we are running low on stone that was promised for this week but won’t arrive until Monday. Even as I write this I am tumbling around the logistics and will likely keep the masons on the front and get it complete so they can move their scaffolds and give us room to do all of the grading work. They can then go around the back and finish the fireplace face and hearth in the lanai and get the chimney above the roof built while grading, paving, landscaping, etc. go on around the rest of the house.
Critical Path is really down to stone and supplies so our masons can keep going. Once they arrive then the masons will be the Critical Path item de jour. We can’t do much about the weather and will likely have enough good days in the next week or so they can move to the back of the house and then be gone. Once they are, new items will become critical.
And so it goes….