We Are Back!

A 10 day vacation turned into a 2 week sabbatical from blogging. Even though I haven’t posted, things at the house have progressed quite a bit. The plumbing, electrical and HVAC that runs in the ceiling of the lower level (née basement) has all been completed and inspected so it could be drywalled.

That’s now all done and will be taped within a week.

Upstairs, the taping is all done and the painters have primed all of the drywall.

Meanwhile we have loads of cherry hardwood planks that are acclimating to the house prior to installation. This is about 30,000 pounds of lumber so we decided to spread it around. The installation will start toward the end of next week.

The tile contractors came in and installed the cement base on all the floors where they will set tile.

Things should keep moving along with quite a bit of visible progress in the coming weeks.

See you soon!

The Cover Up

The holidays were challenging because they fell on Tuesday and broke up two weeks. However, we did manage to get some things done. The furnaces were set and fired up.

The ceilings were all drywalled so we could install the attic insulation. We are using cellulose in the ceilings and that requires drywall to hold it in place (more on cellulose in a later post).

We also installed most of the beadboard lanai ceiling and trimmed the posts.